9.16.2008

Another milestone

i have been sooo super busy with work and all the travelling that I had no time to update my blog..
So what have i been up to?

Oh the big news.. I have resigned! I am giving up this very good life of mine to another new place..
I really love my job.. I have the best client I can ever ask for. And I have purrfect work-life balance. I work from home most of the time. I am free of office politics. I earn very good money with regular pay increments and my bonus comes in every 3 months. I declare my own holiday. And lastly I am bloody good at what i do.

And with much thoughts (seriously i thought about it for 3 weeks when offer was made!) i decided to let go and do something more challenging.. I need to think far where my career is headed and what I want to be in 5-10 years.. yes I want to be someone.. MD or CEO.. and this new job will give a very good networking opportunities and a solid (I hope!) stepping stone :) So i made up my mind. I am more sad to leave my clients than my colleagues!! boo hoo..

If i am married with kids most likely i would have stayed. But now I am 30, and when the opportunity comes, you need to grab it and hold on tight. I am very blessed as I believe this new job was guided by God as so many things fell in its place and all was so smooth.. And the amount of blessings I received.. It is one testimony I tell you!

I love to go for interviews.. I get calls from headhunters quite often. Some i turn down, some I go for interviews to find out my market value worth. And most of the time they cant pay me that much.. Yes seems like I am paid over average, but why am i always broke? :P
And all these interviews helped me with my interview skills and my people skills as I got more and more comfortable with the interviews :)

So I am moving on.. 2nd of Oct at the new place, new job scope, new colleagues.. And I am so looking forward to it!

2 comments:

L. said...

"why am i always broke?"
Come on are you sure u dunno the answer to that?
s.h.o.p.p.i.n.g. :P

Are you taking a break before your new place?

All the best in your new adventure :D

Catch up soon ^^

saffyz said...

omg!! i'm so dated... know nothing about something this major!