I dont like house work. Period. Well excluding laundry. I love doing laundry.
I cook, but only expert at few dish so I rotate :P But i do not enjoy washing dishes.
My mom is a full time homemaker. Our house was always sparkling clean and nothing is out of place. She goes for morning tee (golf) after that goes high-tea and shops all afternoon, and she cooks dinner. She is so busy being a tai-tai but the house is always clean. We had a part time maid before, but my mom gets suspicious of everything, that we ended up dismissing her and my mom was more than happy to get her chores back :\
But me? no.. she tried teaching me how to cook and i end up chatting away with her that I completely missed what she was doing. I dont iron my clothes so my mom always iron my clothes at one go, and i wear them, wash them and wait till my mom to visit me so she can iron all of them again.
When i stayed in a smaller house alone, it was ok to manage. Well I thought I did. But the day i moved out from bayshore.. Gosh.. I cant believe i thought my flat was neat and clean and i actually lived there for 2 years.. the dust was everywhere, it was dirty and had lot of dead roaches hidden behind furniture and God knows where:|
After moving into this bigger place, i got myself a Part-Time helper! And gosh, she is an angel sent from heaven to help me. She must be a saint or something.. she cleans the house squeaky clean! The floor is sparkling, the toilet is so shiny and no sign of dust or cat hair.
But then I realised I am always busy just before she comes. I am bloody busy bustling around the house cleaning! i pick up the laundry, i wash the dishes, I organise the barang barang around the house, i make the bed, throw away trash..... My bf and my brother dont understand and say "Arent you paying her to do all this?" when I become hysterical at them for not helping me...
I can't explain why.. but i realise it is not only me. I read one of the feature article in the papers and magazines.. and they explain it clearly why they do this and I totally agree..
We dont want to look sloppy to others.. Friends, colleagues, or to anyone we meet..(part-time helper is certainly "others"!) We always want to look purrfect and appear as if everything is in order.
We are successful fulltime working women, thus we have control in everything.. Career, Money, Men, children and of course house work (ahem!)...
It is just that we r too busy so we just need a little teeny hand from the part-time helper to just "assist" the certainly NOT sloppy and already-purrfectly-done-housework-by-moi so we can use that spare time for a quick manicure.. heh heh
2.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha... that's funny...
I totally agree with your bf and bro!
I guess that's the difference between a gals' thinking and a guy's.
If we pay for something to be done, we expect to just sit back and let it be done. :P
Maybe you can try it for once, and you will find that it is not that hard to let go :D
Hmm ... isn't that a waste of $.. i'm a girl and i can't be bother. She is there to clean up wah..haha maybe that why she takes so long at my place :P
Post a Comment