5.25.2006

black out

i got a shock this afternoon, when i was working from home..
My wireless suddenly went down and the house became extremely quiet... Then i realised.. Shoot... whole house power is out.

I opened the box to see if any of the switch was down, but all seemed ok. So I called the condo management, to check if it was only my unit.

And their reply was, oh they are replacing some power cable so the power is out from 2pm-5pm. I was furious. Howcome I wasnt notified? And they said it is on the notice board and it is on the lift... duh.... how about people like me who dont take lift? and notice board? come on!! who actually looks at such stuff?

So I argued that they should have sent a notice to each unit.... or better, dont they know what email is? Cheapest way to announce to the mass?? Maybe I should try to sell DI services to bayshore... ha!

Oh well.. I just felt better screaming at the poor fella.. I just love scolding people.. such a b-i-A-t-c-h... keke


So since I couldnt work, was thinking what could i do?
Watch tv.. shoot... no electricity..
do laundry! shoot... still no electricity!
should cook and have late lunch.. dammit... no electricity..
ok i should just shower and go out for a while... oh fuck... heater will not work so no hot water for me to bathe....
lets call a friend to complain.. shit.. mobile batt is low, and if it is out, i cant bloody charge!

And elee says, "water is still running right? mop floor!" :|

ah well.. i never knew how important electricity was.. until today.. i felt totally paralysed!!

well I guess we just dont appreciate things until it is gone...

2 comments:

The Dopamine Dreamer said...

erm...actually I read the notice boards...

my power is going out on friday morning...9-12...bo pian...

I hope the NBA game isn't scheduled for that day...

btw...There's always the swimming pool downstairs wat...then can bring down laptop...then can sponge off the electricity at the little hut...not to mention other ppl's wireless net...

JY said...

there are cool gadgets out there...using solar as power, then u can connect your laptop or hp to charge up...hehe

if there is no sun....buy a mini manual generator....trained your 2 cats to turn and generate electricity for you....:D

worse come to worse...pack up and then go back office and work loh hehee...

the next best thing is to just sleep...since you do not need electricity to sleep on.....:P