12.14.2005

phobia

[Phobia] - A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

For me, phobia is more like dislike.. I don't fear.. itz more to sumtin I really hate and try to avoid as much as I can.. I can still do it, but I will avoid if I could cos I juz don't like it..

These are the few phobia I have:

  • Claustrophobia - Fear of confined spaces

  • I don't like confined spaces..
    I cant breathe and need to get out asap. imagine.. 12 hours flight to states, I didn't go to the labratory even once.
    I don't like lifts either. Always have phobia of being stuck in the lift in that confined space. That is why i stay on the 2nd flr.. get it?

  • Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.

  • I don't like clowns.. it is creepy and disguised. Making people laugh by doing stupid thing is NOT funny.

  • Entomophobia - Fear of insects.

  • I am ok with most of the bugs but no cockroaches...no no no... NOOOO....they r gross, disgusting the more u try to get away from them the more they come towards you.. and they FLY!

  • Ornithophobia - Fear of birds.

  • i don't like 'em. Period. Especially fat big birds!

  • Phengophobia- Fear of daylight or sunshine.

  • hee... cos i not a morning person... so i dont like the sun in the weekday mornings.. :P But strangely, I wake up so early in the weekends!

  • Trypanophobia- Fear of injections.

  • I hate injection so much.. I love seafood, esp half cooked cockles but I refuse to take the hepatitis shots... :P I took till the 2nd stage shots but it was so painful i never went for the last shot.. damn.. So now i need to retake 'em... All over again!

    Anyway there is this whole list of phobia... click!
    I wonder who is so free to come up with such thing? And do they xtually get paid for this?

    Oh well, there r people out there, like me, who reads through the whole list :P

    5 comments:

    saffyz said...

    Phengophobia- Fear of daylight or sunshine
    > This is more suited for Vampires & Draculas you know... :P

    L. said...

    Phengophobia- Fear of daylight or sunshine.

    that's a bit contradicting... what about the sun tanning that u did? :\

    L. said...

    btw, the "click" thingy dun work...

    I am trying to look for the phobia for veggies...

    If you come across it do tell me :)

    L. said...

    oooohhh... if they have it... include a phobia of K. too ><

    purrfectz said...

    never read properly.. I say I dont like morning sunlight lah....