8.11.2005

I love Singapore more than some of the Singaporeans out there

I have been living in Singapore total of 13 years now.
Though I love my mother country Korea and will settle down there one day, I still love being in Singapore and proud to be a Singapore PR.

Whenever I come back from overseas and step out from Changi airport, the hot humid air fills my lungs.. I know I am home..

I think I am more patriotic than some of Singaporeans out there. When I listen National Day speech by the PM every year, it brings tears to my eyes with all the respect. Whatever is said in the speech, it is done. So efficient and practical. I wonder how many leaders out there in this world, actually keep promises. Their plans and goals are all simple yet achievable. Things that cannot be done is not said. How realistic is that!

I have very high respect for Snr PM Lee Kuan Yew and think there would be no greater man in this history who has acheived so much. I especially like the video clip when they show Lee Kuan Yew sheding tears when MY abandoned SG. It is so touching and I will cry together. -_-;;

Where in this world, you can go out middle of the night for a jog without having to worry about being mugged?
Where in this world, you can take a cab after long night of clubbing and know you are safe?
Where in this world you don't have to worry about bribing the officials?
Where in this world, different races live in harmony?
Where in this world, almost all population own a house?

Singaporeans complain about PAP, CPF, not being able to do alot of things, paying so much fines, not many places to go or do in the weekend, but I think it's for your own good. :P

But I feel the Singaporeans**...
..are not hard working enough.
..are so NATO. (No Action Talk Only)
..think what Singapore will do for them, not what they can do for the country.
..have no courtesy that you need a campaign for it. Why cant they just bloody let people alight first in MRT?
..throw things out of their HDB windows? Urniating at the staircase and in the lift! Void decks are still part of their home!
..lack of general knowledge.
..lack of nationalism. But maybe bcos is due to very short history.

(**I would like to note not every Singaporeans are like that)

However....
To conclude, I love Singapore. The garden city.. I met so many wonderful Singaporean friends. It is truly my home :)

2 comments:

JY said...

have you send this entry to Straits Times??
Maybe they will publish and do an interview of you!!!

L. said...

It's great to know that there are PRs who really loved this country and treat her like their second home =D

I am sure although all of us contribute our fair number of complains about Singapore, deep inside we all still loved her and it's our home. I knew it because I felt it when I was away.

This may come in as a day late, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!

P.S. I do not know that such a cool pic exist! We could update the pic again this mth when LY comes back ^^