7.28.2005

$$$$

Everyone has $ issues. Rich or Poor you have cash problems.

Truthfully, I earn enough for me to spend. I don't get fat pay check but enough for me to pay my bills, food to eat, for my social life, nice meals in restaurant every weekend, for petrol, travel at least twice a yr, treat for myself at Max&Co or Gucci and will still have bit extra to save.. But enough is never enough. You get greedier, more demanding, set your standards higher and higher. Is that the reason why they say belly button is bigger than your belly??

Two years back I earnt only half of what I am earning now. And I still survived and saved more than what i can save now. Does it mean I became more materialistic? e more I earn, e more spender i become?

But I don't anyhow splurge on things. When I go shopping, I will think and think. I know exactly how much I have in my bank accounts, and how much I charged to my plastics. If I want a Gucci bag that costs 1000 dollars, though I can afford to get straight away, instead I will set some $ aside every month so I can get it after 2 or 3 months.
I don't buy 10 tshirts that costs $20. Instead I will rather get one DKNY tshirt that costs $130. I am stingy about buying small little things..

That's why I don't go broke at least and don't owe any of e banks.

But this is just reasoning myself.. i can save all that money. I have whole lot of clothes that I can survive for next 5 years, different shoes I can wear everyday for next 3 months, at least 3 years supply of perfumes and lotsa branded bags and Tiffany blue boxes that I could have bought a small house by now. So now I think to myself, was that all worth it? Maybe.. But do I need all that? Will I die if I don't own any of these things?

I heard you need 6 times of your current salary in your bank for the rainny day. And I aim to do so starting from my this month paycheck.

4 comments:

JY said...

can u really start this mth??
what about the mp3 player?? hehe

a lot of these things are external...we can live without it...

and yah..i would rather buy 10 t-shirts that cost 20 dollars rather than one DKNY tshirt that costs $130!!

Or maybe i rather spend on other things...like cds and those gadgets huh..everyone of us has different needs lah..

saffyz said...

Lucky you... It takes a lot of discipline to save.

L. said...

Are you sure "belly button is bigger than the belly"? Sounds weird to me.

Agreed with 28D, brand is not as important to me (I think). Comfy is no 1 :D

About the savings part of your plan... I am having doubts... We've been hearing you say "I am not going to SHOP/BUY STUFF". The next thing you know:

...

Try harder ya? ^~

Well, I am not in much of a position to talk about you as I myself is in a shopping mood now :P

sins said...

Saving is a need, juz save how much you like lor, while still buy within your needs, no harm in that