3.10.2008

Finally finished painting my family portrait!

Things probably you didnt know about ms.purrfectz

1) I played piano since I was 4 yrs old
- i only stopped going to lessons because I started to fancy keeping my nails long and always got slapped by my piano teacher when i was 17. I chose my beautiful long nails over becoming a famous rich pianist which I would be by now.. sighz

2) I learnt to draw and paint since I was very very small
- My mom is an artist and she taught art.. So when i was very small, I was surrounded by aspiring artists and naturally i started to paint.. Won numerous awards from primary school to high school until i left korea..

3) Thus in my senior yr in high school, i knew i should nurture my artistic ability - so was pondering if i should study fashion design or interior design.. In the end I was accepted to RMIT to major architecture but my parents disapproved of me leaving for Melbourne cuz I was only 18. which my parents made the right choice cuz i would have probably partied too hard, drunk everyday, eventually would have flunked out of school and maybe died of OD. :P
Parents are always right.. We just dont realise it until you reach 30.

4) After getting my BA for Multimedia arts and working in production hse for a year, realised my love and passion is actually bossing people around.. :P so said "bye" to being a slave and became a slave-driver instead.. ha ha

5) My current bf who is an art lover and painting is his passion. It kind of influenced me to get in touch with my artistic side which is in my blood.. and got me to hold my brushes again and paint..

And finally I finished my family portrait after 5 months of slacking.. :P



1m x 1m acrylic on canvas
Polly and Crayon posing in front of finished painting.. of them...

Now i am so inspired to start another one.. :D

1 comment:

L. said...

You drew it!?!?
OMG it's good.... when I first saw the post I thot it is another one of ur shopping trophies.

Kawaii~~~~!!

Share with us more of ur earlier award winning works...

Btw, could u do one for me? The puzzle on my wall is getting old...
btw, my room is blue :P

Keep up the good work... Hope to see a purrfectz gallery as part of the purrfectz cafe ^~