3.21.2007

verdict: burnt out finally..

Really fell sick last Tuesday..
Actually wasnt feeling well during the weekend already... but then Tuesday evening till Sunday... damn.. i was K.O.ed..

Slept 6 days with fever and non stop coughing.. woke up only to go to toilet and visit to A&E on Friday night cuz my bf was so worried that I had dengue...

Monday fever seemed to have gone, and wanted to go office cuz have new colleague so had to give deep dive training. But upon hearing my voice on my way to the office, my manager ordered me to turn the cab around and go home. I was banned from office..

So i went to see my good ol' doctor.. verdict?

burnt out..

I have finally burnt out from work.. Ever since I joined, i worked like a machine. my laptop was on 24 hours. I was, and still am, practically living in front of my laptop... ya.. it is silly.. and work is work.. but i couldnt stop.. serious workaholic you call it...
It has gotten worse upon my promotion last year. Sleeping less, more time on the phone, in front of laptop therefore no time to shop...

Since i was sleeping for past 9 days, i had time to think...
why do i work so hard?

more money.. to have a comfortable life.
so i work hard, and i do have more money but in the end i got burnt out, therefore it is so uncomfortable because i am coughing non stop so I cant sleep!

So whats the point?

I am going to work seriously 9 to 5. I am finally reporting back to work tomorrow. And onwards I am only going to work 9 to 5. My shop closes at 5pm sharp. I am planning to start leaving my laptop in the office from onwards... errrmm.. maybe this i need bit of time.. heh

2 comments:

JY said...

Take good care of yourself!!

L. said...

I think u need retail therapy.. ^~