I love reading thrillers.. Especially those got murder cases with detectives etc.. I am a big fan of Jeffery Deaver, James Patterson..
So yes, I love watching CSI, Without a Trace, Cold Case.. you name it..
I love books. But I dont read romance nor magazines.. Romance books are so cheap and sleazy.. Magazines are waste of $, and makes me want to go shopping.. So is bad :P That is why I stopped buying magazines :)
Recently tho, I got obsessed with chick flicks a.k.a bimbo books. I never liked them, but it all started with "Sushi for beginners". Bot this book @ the airport on the way to London. Tot tis would be e perfect book for me to fall asleep since it is 13 hours flight. Which it did.. It was boring as expected..
But it happened, in London. I had nothing much after work so back in hotel, grabbed e book while watching previous season CSI in Spanish --;;
It got me reading.. it was so easy to digest without e need of using my brain trying to figure out who is the murderer and the motive.. It was that simple.
So no sleep for 13 hours flight back, finished the book.
After this I started reading Marian Keys books.. Chick bimbo flicks.. I read three of her books already and now, I am sick of it. I can hardly read one page and I will just fall asleep... So I am going back to my detectives who is fighting the crime.. That is my kind of book..
So before I really resign from e chick flicks and sell it off to to e 2nd hand bookstore, I will give a book review.
last book I read is "Angels". It is a sweet boring book about this couple getting seperated and trying to find their new love and in e end, they realise they are e one for eachother blah blah. The husband says:
"Stars are always there even in the daylight - sometimes we just can't see them"
I really like this phrase.. it can be interpreted in lot of ways.. Whether it is love work or life..
When you want to give up on sumtings bcos of hindrances or watever, u should carry on... Cos stars are always there and we just dont see them at times...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hmmm....
so do you read those like Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys when you are young??hehe..
and your intro part, i thought you writing in perfect english, but later on, very rojak already hor..
sumthings, bcos...all these sms lingo starts coming out hor...hehe
Yes... iluurved nancy drew.. hehe so long ago..
aiyah nwadayz who cares abt proper english.. :P
i read The Hardy Boys when i was young..
and that sentence "Stars are always there even in the daylight - sometimes we just can't see them"
when are we able to see stars during the day? the chance is almost zero right?? even if there are dark clouds, still too bright to be able to see the eyes with our naked eyes...:P
i don't think ms keyes' books or of similar genre books should be term as bimbo books la, bimbos either are really smart or they don't read at all - they go for the magazines and flip pages to look smart. maybe there are considered to be light reading becos' its easy to digest like a comedy - light entertainment.
Post a Comment